The founding of the MoWiN.net e.V. association goes back to December 16 of 1999, when the original name was "Association for the Development of the Mobility Economy – Association of the Comprehensive University of Kassel."
Created with 28 founding members, today MoWiN.net pursues the common interests of more than 135 companies, institutions and research facilities. With the founding of the MoWiN.net e.V. network, Regional Management of North Hesse has created a binding platform in which the companies, institutions and interested parties from the mobility economy can be actively involved. By identifying common tasks and needs of the partners in the network, business-friendly and therefore regionally significant project ideas flow into the cluster work, which are developed, coordinated and implemented by the Regional Management. The continually rising number of members makes it clear that this was the right path, as do the increasing number of cooperative and joint projects.
Collaboration between regional actors from science, economics and politics has been extremely fruitful so far, and will also drive the continuation and development of new projects in the future. Four out of five member companies meanwhile indicate that they have found their top cooperative partners from the region through the membership at MoWiN.net. Companies which operate in networks grow significantly stronger than lone wolves and are also more resistant during times of crisis. "Move more, together" is therefore the guiding principle of MoWiN.net e.V.
The significance of MoWiN.net has grown continually in recent years, including beyond the borders of the region, while the intensive collaboration in the region under the coordination of Regionalmanagement Nordhessen GmbH (Regional Management of North Hesse) is now considered exemplary across the nation.
• METAKUS Anwendungszentrum (Research and innovation center for metal forming): MoWiN.net initiated together with regional partners. Located today at the University of Kassel
• Initiierung Studiengang Supply Chain Management an BA Nordhessen (today called FH Mittelhessen) together with (member) companies
• Kooperationsforum: from 2006 – 2011, Match-making for companies in order to initiate joint projects and cooperations; more than 500 qualified corporate meetings organized
• Regional projects: Joint innovation projects with members: In connection with the FREE project, 4.36 million Euros are invested in the region (mobility concepts and technologies) www.free-e-mobil.de >> MoWiN.net and Regional Management as consortium leader and initiator
• International projects : more than 1 mil. Euros in EU funding brought to the region through participation in 4 large EU projects; development of the NISTO project for transport planning as project leader